If you are currently scheduled to vacate your premises, you have the right to request a pre-move-out inspection of the property. This inspection must take place during the two week period prior to the termination of your lease. This inspection will not take place unless you specifically request it. If you would like an inspection, please call us to set an appointment. We will arrange to meet with you Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. After the inspection you will receive a written report to help you determine which items should be addressed prior to vacating the property. This is intended to minimize deductions from your security deposit. In general, the property must be returned in the same condition you received it, normal wear and tear excepted.
Typical Security Deposit Charges
Security deposit charges typically include, but are not limited to:
- Past due rents and late fees.
- Unpaid utilities.
- Unreturned keys, parking tags, association keys or passes, remote controls, etc.
- Any damages beyond normal wear and tear.
- Professional cleaning of carpets and window coverings.
- Cleaning of appliances, fixtures, cabinets, counters, windows, screens, floors, patio, garage, and walkways.
- Permanent stains on carpet, walls, drapes, driveways or counters.
- Damaged doors, counters, fixtures, appliances, windows, tiles, etc.
- Burnt out light bulbs and tubes.
- Dirty furnace/AC filters.
- Missing smoke detectors and dead or missing smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries.
- Dead or damaged lawns, plants, shrubs, etc.
- The correction of unauthorized painting, wallpaper, or other alterations.
- Damage caused by animals.
- Trash removal from inside or outside the house.
- Damages caused by problems or defects that you unreasonably failed to report.
- Damages caused by the early termination of your lease.
- Daily rent until the keys and remotes are returned to our office.
You may also be charged for damages that were not visible at the time of the inspection or which occurred between the time of the inspection and prior to the property being returned to us.
Security Deposit Statement
A Security Deposit Statement, and any refund due you, will be mailed to you within 21 days after we receive possession of the premises. You are in possession of the premises until the keys and remotes have been returned to our office. Please provide us with your new mailing address by that time. Any refund check will be made payable to every person named on the lease. If you need the refund check made payable to another name, we will need written instructions signed by every person named on the lease.